ABOUT DANVILLE UNDERGROUND PHOTO LAB
DUPL is a home-based film development and scanning lab specializing in serving local artists in the Tri-Valley and surrounding areas.
With easy drop-off or mail-in services, the lab is a great choice for photographers who prefer to use a professional service that’s close to home.
WHY DID I START DANVILLE UNDERGROUND PHOTO LAB?
DUPL was founded by a photographer for photographers
“I started Danville Underground Photo Lab because I love film. I love shooting it, I love developing it, and I love the unique look of it. I know that handing over your film to a photo lab can feel a little unsettling. Rest assured, I’ll care about your film as if it was my own. I’ve been photographing, developing, and scanning film for years, and I know how much money and effort it takes to get the shot. That’s why I use only the best chemicals in my process, as well as the best development and scanning equipment available. My goal is to make it feel like you’re unwrapping a gift when you receive your images back from me.”
I’m looking forward to being your creative partner.
- Ned Bagno
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How is my film processed?
- Film is processed using Jobo automated processors. Jobo has been a leader in photographic processing equipment for decades and is used by professional labs worldwide.
- How is the film scanned?
- You have multiple options to achieve your goals, from Noritsu and Pakon roll film scanning to drum scanning and thick media flatbed scanning.
- What sizes of film do can you develop?
- 135, 120, 220, 4x5, 5x7, 8x10
- Can I get my negatives put into sleeves?
- Yes. All roll film is put into sleeves uncut. Sheet film is returned in Print File pages.
- Are my negatives returned to me?
- Yes. All negatives are returned.
- How are my negatives returned to me?
- Roll film is sleeved un-cut and sheet film is returned in print files. Film is packaged and sent via USPS.
- Do you do prints?
- Printing is currently not available. Depending on the demand, I may provide this service; however, I can custom print up to a paper size of 17x22. Send me a note if you are looking to have an image printed.
- Can I drop off my film?
- Yes. Film can be dropped off or mailed to: Danville Underground Film Lab - 696 San Ramon Valley Blvd. #247 Danville, CA 94526. If you drop off your film, make sure you include the address and your return address.
- If I drop off my film, do I still need to fill out the online form?
- Yes. All orders need to be entered and paid via the web site. Please include your order number with your film.
- If my film is already processed, can you scan it?
- Yes. Please see the price list for scan-only services.
- Do you offer pull and push services?
- What chemistry do you use to process film?
- C41 film is processed in either Kodak or Fuji Chemicals. E6 is processed with Fuji chemicals and black & white in Kodak D76 or Xtol, depending on your preferences.